Thursday, November 4, 2010

Diwali Déjà Vu – My favorite ads of the festive season!

Diwali has always been the most critical ‘event’ for Indian marketers and I am sure you have seen these ads previously. That’s precisely why they evoke a sense of déjà vu. But it’s not just the creative aspect of these ads, but their excellent timing that takes them to the next level. Or perhaps the fact that these have been crafted with such simplicity, relating day-to-day events that you can identify with, in the process instantly appealing to your heartstrings.

Here are my favorite ones of the past few Diwalis. Thought I’d share these with you too. Sadly, I didn’t like any of the current ones to the extent of mentioning on this blog.




This one takes the cake though! My favorite, especially the part where the guy holds a placard, “Need to be home for Diwali” and the tag line, “India comes home in a Maruti Suzuki”. It’s almost as if Shri Ram has come home to Ayodhya, this Diwali! Watch out for its music track, it slowly grows on to you!


Wish you and your loved ones A Very Happy Diwali And A Prosperous New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment